How to add pictures in SignBank? Part 1

Sun Nov 16 15:46:02 UTC 2003

SignWriting List
November 16, 2003

Stefan Woehrmann wrote:
> I have installed all the programs I need for creating the gifs. In fact
> there are already some gifs in my file waiting to get copied elsewhere.
> I have installed FileMaker and the SignBank for everyday use -  -
> there is
> only a folder for US - So as soon as you will describe how to get
> started
> with creating the folders that are needed I would like to participate
> in
> your "SignBank course number 23???  Excuse me for asking basics that
> you
> already tried to explain several times! I know !!!!

Dear SW List, Adam and Stefan!
OK. Let's begin. Create a new folder. Name it whatever you want! Place
your GIFs in that one big folder....You need to know where to find your
folder on your hard drive, once you start the "adding signs" process.

PS. Whenever I release a new version of SignBank, I will be placing
signs in folders named this way:  "SignWriting DE" for Germany etc. But
that is because I am sending these CDs all over the world, and not
everyone knows the German language...so naming the folders in English
is simply for international use...but you can call it
"Gebaerdenschrift" or anything you want - no one will know the
difference until you start distributing your SignBank DE
internationally -  So place all your GIFs in a folder and name it
whatever you wish. See attached GIF...these lessons will
continue....;-)