SignBank Lessons...New SW Library Database

Sun Nov 30 21:19:14 UTC 2003

SignWriting List
November 30, 2003

Dear SW List -
I am working indirectly on the SignBank Lessons...Why did I stop
teaching the lessons? Because I realized there are several spots in the
SignBank Manual that need to be updated or changed, because of some of
the improvements that happened in September, 2003...so I am sorry for
the delay, Stefan, but I am getting there...I feel I have to write the
manual sections first to make sure I know what I am teaching...

Take a look at the attached PNG (ha!)...

As you can see, I am adding to the SignWriting Library in SignBank. The
Library can be a stand-alone database too. It holds complete textbooks
and documents in a searchable database. I just updated the Lessons in
SignWriting textbook there, and now I am working on updating the
SignBank Manuals...Please notice how I have added a section for
published dictionaries and literature...so you will be able to search
SignWriting documents in the Library too...At the moment, this Library
database only searches by the Roman alphabet, but since other sections
of SignBank can search and sort by SSS, in time, with funding, I hope
to build the Library database to search by SSS too...that is a few
years down the road however, since we do not have funding at this
time...Someday I hope to offer such a Library database in several
different languages too...right now these are all US documents...Val
;-)