DOSBox Germany

Daniel Noelpp d.noelpp at GMX.CH
Thu Oct 2 15:59:44 UTC 2003

Yesterday night I played around with DOS Box a little bit and I found
a solution for Germany (I believe), but it doesn't work for Switzerland.
I am afraid, international keyboard support of DOS Box is shaky.
I will ask the developers but I got confused a little bit yesterday
and I need to think a bit before I can formulate a good question.
This will be, when I am back from the SignWriting workshop in
Passugg in the mountains of Switzerland for Swiss Sign Language
teachers.

So Stefan, if you want to use the backslash from DOS Box, try
to download xkeyb from FreeDOS (search in Google, you'll find
it soon). Then call XKEYB GR from DOSBox et voil \  you have
the backslash. :-)

But be warned that the keyboard behaves a little bit strange. For
example if you press the arrow up key, you get the Greek alpha
letter. Strange, isn't it? And the Swiss German keyboard doesn't
work correctly (not all keys are mapped correctly).

So, my discovery is not of a real value but maybe interesting to
know.

Cheers!
Daniel