Category numbers of SignBank

Wed Oct 8 21:06:57 UTC 2003

SignWriting List
October 8, 2003

Dear Daniel and other programmers on the SW List:

There are four SignWriting symbol-sets:

SSS-1995......SignWriter DOS
SSS-1999......SignWriter Java (converts SSS-1995 to SSS-1999)
SSS-2002......SignBank For Everyday Use and SW-Edit
SSS-2004......SignBank For Research Use (still under development)

The current version of SignWriter Java must use SSS-1999, because it is
programmed to convert files from SSS-1995 to SSS-1999. Although
technically SignWriter Java could be expanded to include the symbols in
SSS-2002, at this time that would mean that SW Java could no longer
convert the DOS files...so the SSS-2002 was specifically designed for
other programs, such as SignBank, and is not a part of the SignWriter
Java world right now.

I will write again, in about a half hour, with the official categories
for SSS-2002 and SSS-2004...

Val ;-)