Daniel, Stefan: Does drag and drop work?

Daniel Noelpp d.noelpp at GMX.CH
Wed Oct 1 21:30:33 UTC 2003

> Please try this and tell me if you are able to start SignWriter without
> the backslash?:
>
> 1. Be sure SignWriter DOS is inside a folder named sw.....
> 2. Place both the icon for the DOSbox program (or a shortcut icon) and
> the sw folder on your desktop.
> 3. Do not open the DosBox program. Keep it closed.
> 4. Drag the sw folder on top of the DosBox icon.
> 5. The DosBox program will open immediately with a C drive.
> 6. At the C drive, type sw and then press Enter.
> 7. SignWriter DOS will open and can be used (without using the
> backslash)
>
> Is this true for you, Daniel or Stefan?

Yes, it works!! It is important that all the files I want to edit
or view with SignWriter DOS are in the same directory together
with the program. Because once in DosBOX I can't change any
directories... or only with some difficulty. It is definitively
impossible when SignWriter is running (change directory
doesn't work at all).

I found a way to put DosBOX into my start menu and start
SignWriter DOS as easily as any program without dragging
and dropping. The trick is that you can give commands to
DOSBox using the -c option.

I have installed SignWriter on my Spanish machine at
C:\programas\swch and DosBOX at C:\programas\dosbox.

I put a menu named "SignWriter DOS" into my start menu
and under its properties I put as destination the following
incantation:

C:\programas\dosbox\dosbox.exe -c "@mount c c:\"
-c "@cd c:\progra~1\swch" -c "sw" -c "exit"

That means: start DOS Box and execute the following commands:

@mount c c:\
@cd c:\progra~1\swch
sw
exit

That's my solution and it works very charmingly.

Now, I am looking for a keyboard driver and I might try to
contact the programmers of DOS Box and ask them about
this problem. It is a bug in DOS Box I think.

Cheers!
Daniel Noelpp

P.S. Yes, tomorrow I meet Siv and A-Claude in Passugg in
the mountains for the workshop.