Need help: Test Downloading SignBank on the web...

Mon Oct 6 23:08:24 UTC 2003

SignWriting List
October 6, 2003

Dear SW List, Nana and Charles -
Charles just telephoned me to tell me that it took soooo long to
download the large SignBank on the web, that he was unable to finish
the download...In his case, the zip file was there on his desktop, but
with nothing in it! Meanwhile with my very fast cable modem
(broadband), I have no problems and I download it in less than five
minutes and there are always files there...

And here is a message from Nana, who had some of the same problems that
Charles did:

Nana Dumitra wrote:
> I tried again to go to the internet to download Signbank, but as I
> told you
> before: we have horrible phone connections (at least if you need a lot
> of
> data transfered :)) - it would have taken between 10 and 22 hours to
> download the running (?) version, well, I stopped trying after I got
> disconnected for the 10th time...

So I am writing to ask...Is there someone on the SW List who has a very
fast broadband connection to the internet, who could test the SignBank
download for me? I want to make sure that it works for "someone
else"..and not just me...to be certain that it is not damaged in
anyway...If you can, go to:

http://www.SignBank.org/downloads

and scroll down and download

2. SignBank Runtime Windows....

Does it have files in it? And if it does, if you open the folder and
then open the file  "OpenMeWindows", does it open for you? The Runtime
does not require FileMaker...The password is 54321.

Many thanks for your help in advance -