Need help: Test Downloading SignBank on the web...

Daniel Noelpp d.noelpp at GMX.CH
Wed Oct 8 21:41:50 UTC 2003

> I can see you are right. I do not know how to break up a huge database
> into such small parts. There are ten relational databases within
> SignBank, and each one can be larger than the 5 megabytes you
> mention....and I cannot throw out data from each relational database or
> it won't relate...so that is why I went to CDs for people - it should
> help the issue. I guess our downloads will have to be for programmers
> and a few rare people who have broadband...

I know that's difficult to support resumable downloads and
splitting the file. With splitting the file I meant using the RAR
compressing format. RAR supports splitting the file in as many
parts as you like and the downloader can stitch it back
together. Resumable downloads needs tweaking the webserver
that the browser can tell the webserver that it wants to start
downloading not from scratch but beginning in the middle of
the file.

If you can send the CD to the people instead it is better this
way... but more work for you... The people who get the
CD surely are very happy to get something really of value
from the USA.  I jumped out of joy when I got your white
parcels and I even could jump three times... smile...

Cheers!
Daniel