Symmetry of the Full Circle

Daniel Noelpp d.noelpp at GMX.CH
Thu Oct 16 09:41:57 UTC 2003

> SignWriting List
> October 15, 2003
>
> Daniel Noelpp wrote:
> > Hello SignWriting friends!
> > I have discovered  sixteen identical Full Circle symbols in
> > the SymbolBank. I feel strange and a bit at a loss when
> > I see this chain of beautiful circles.
>
> Hello Everyone and Daniel...
> Are you referring to these arm circles, Daniel?...(Arm Circles Parallel
> Front Wall...see attached GIF)...I will explain the circles and why
> they are needed in the next message...They are all typed with
> SignWriter DOS easily...

No I am talking about the O hand form. Type the J key twice then
you get one. I discovered just now that SignWriter DOS sometimes
forgets the rotation (but not always) when you switch between the
fills and the rotations too much and have the full symmetric Circle.

Try this out:

1. Key the J key twice. You get the Circle.
2. Press the N (fill) key and
3. rotation key (slash in the US keyboard, left of right shift key).
You get an oblique half filled Circle.
4. Press Shift N to get back an full Circle (invisibly oblique).
5. Press Space to go to the next Sign.
6. Select the entered full Circle.
7. Press the N key. You should get the oblique half filled circle,
but you don't.

This is not a mistake but an interesting detail and I need to
know such details because I am the programmer of the new
program.

By the way, in the Symbolbank this Symbol is called "Circle".

Daniel