Signs for towns

Fri Sep 12 18:06:12 UTC 2003

SignWriting List
September 12, 2003

Nitsu Pikkupyora wrote:
> Sure, you can give me feedback on my spellings;) I, myself, I'm not
> sure of the exact orientations of some of the signs ( if they are
> written correctly, since some of them have non-SWer 4.4 -friendly
> orientations), so sure, if you have ideas they are welcomed;)

Dear SW List, and Nitsu -
Great. Yes...we can write everything, so it is just a matter of
understanding what you want to write. I am only looking for signs that
I would personally have trouble signing, from your writing...That way
we can see what is written clearly...and what is not as clear...We all
go through this process, when we are creating dictionaries...

The sign for Tampere seems clear to me! And the sign for Helsinki is
fine...I would place the handshape a little closer to the area of
contact...

The sign that is not clear for me is Jyvaskyla...What are you brushing,
the chest? So write to tell me what you are brushing, and then I will
try to re-write it for you to see if we can make it clearer...

I am so happy to see Finnish signs! Thank you for sharing them with us,
Nitsu... Val ;-)