Regarding DOS Box....

Mon Sep 22 17:54:28 UTC 2003

SignWriting List
September 22, 2003

Dear SW List, and Stefan!
Ingvild and I would love to have you here, discussing SignWriting,
Stefan, and I wish everyone were here too!

I just helped Ingvild download the DOSBox program, and then I showed
her my "quick way" of getting SignWriter DOS up and running. But I want
to thank Jerry very very much for the wonderful instructions, which I
will be posting soon...so Jerry knows the "long-term" way of getting it
going, but here is a "quick way", Stefan and I hope you will try it for
now:

1. Be sure SignWriter DOS is inside a folder named sw.....
2. Place both the icon for the DOSbox program (or a shortcut icon) and
the sw folder on your desktop.
3. Do not open the DosBox program. Keep it closed.
4. Drag the sw folder on top of the DosBox icon.
5. The DosBox program will open immediately with a C drive.
6. At the C drive, type sw and then press Enter.
7. SignWriter DOS will open and can be used.
8. This method is not as good as Jerry's but it works!
9. Why is it not as good? That answer will come in the next couple of
days...

But for right now, please try the drag and drop method, Stefan, and
please tell us what happened...You do not have to type any backslashes
at all...no typing...just draging and dropping...

Val ;-)