For Ron, Jerry, Anny and Marianne....New Library Database...

Wed Sep 3 15:42:07 UTC 2003

SignWriting List
September 3, 2003

Dear SW List, Ron, Jerry, Anny in French-Switzerland, and Marianne in
Brazil -
Please forgive my silence about publishing the Bible in ASL, plus
Anny's new translation of our Lessons In SignWriting textbook into
French and Swiss-French Sign Language...and Marianne's translation and
additions to the Lessons in SignWriting Textbook in Portuguese and
LIBRAS.

I have received your files and I do appreciate it!

It is obvious that I always have too much to finish, however...that
does not mean I do not want to publish the materials you have sent me -
quite the contrary...

So...Here is my plan:

1. I need to complete sending the SignWriting Membership CDs, and
explain the new "SignBank 2003" (for Everyday Use) to everyone on the
SW List...

2. Then I hope to start placing other textbooks and SignWriting
documents into the SignBank Library Database to be published in 2004...

What do I mean by that?

Well...take a look at the attached diagram...I have changed the name of
the SignBank Lessons database to "The SignWriting Library"
database....and your books can be one of the books listed there...Not
just lessons...but also the Bible in ASL, and other SignWriting
Literature in a multitude of languages, all searchable and
printable....That will preserve your work. Plus, later, if I have
money, I could print them too...but putting them in the database is the
cheapest right now, since burning a CD is much cheaper than printing
books...I have no funds at the moment so the CDs are a great way to
publish without expense...