Lessons in SignWriting translated into French...

Fri Sep 5 18:14:08 UTC 2003

SignWriting List
September 5, 2003

Dear SW List, and Anny!
Thank you for translating the Lessons in SignWriting textbook into the
French spoken language, Anny! That was a lot of work, I can imagine.
You are right...the next step is to find Swiss-French sign examples, to
replace the ASL examples in the textbook...so your translation is only
half the job...but a big step forward, none-the-less...

For now, I have created a PDF document of your Word files, and I have
placed that PDF on the web, only for editors who want to work with the
French translation...So if there are French members of the List, who
would like to edit Anny's work, you can download the PDF here:

Lessons in SignWriting Translated into French spoken language:
http://www.SignWriting.org/library/pdf/pdf100/sw0115 Lecons en SW.pdf

If you open the file to find that some of the French accents and unique
symbols are not there...please excuse...I had trouble capturing those
special symbols in the PDF file...

And Anny...regarding your question below about the end of the textbook
with punctuation etc...I never finished transfering the end of the
lessons into the PDF and computer formats...so you can see I am always
running behind...so you have translated all that I have at the moment...

Many thanks for your dedication of time, and I look forward to someday
getting the document into our database!

Val ;-)