Signs I CAN Write :)

Sandy Fleming sandy at FLEIMIN.DEMON.CO.UK
Sun Sep 7 19:05:06 UTC 2003

Hi again Stefan and others!

> I never stop to recommend creating "Maenniken" as my sons call
> this little guys made only with the symbols of the SW44 keyboard.

I haven't seen these. I did come across SW art on the site but was too inexperienced to appreciate it. I'll try having another look now!

Find attached my "elbow movement" signs and the one for "Wales". Of course "bagpipes" is one of those signs that's not necessarily "in the dictionary" but just used naturally on the spur of the moment by signers - sort of mime-like (researchers probably have a name for this!). So whether one cheek would be puffed or two would depend pretty much on the individual, I should think.

Do you have some signs for German towns you could send me? I ought to look in the various SW dictionaries for town names for other countries, now that I think of it!

Sandy