SignWriter DOS in DOS-BOX in Win XP

Wed Sep 17 16:07:03 UTC 2003

SignWriting List
September 17, 2003

Stefan Woehrmann wrote:
> I downloaded the DOS -Box but could not follow the instructions -
> it opens with drive  "Z"  ??  You know that I am no computer expert
> .... and
> I become afraid to change anything in the software-programming ...

Dear Stefan, Jerry, Stuart, and Sergio!
THANK YOU, Sergio, for the great tip on the DOS-BOX. I am soo glad it
is working for Jerry and others...it is a good thing that Jerry and I
placed our conversations on the SW List, so that Stuart and Sergio then
knew that we needed their help! ;-)

And I am sure that Jerry can add much more to this...But I just tried
it too, and here are my instructions from my experiences. Please see
the attached diagram with the numbers on it...

TO USE SW4.4 in DOS, on Windows XP:

1. Download DOSBOX from the web:
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/dosbox/dosbox0.58-win32-
installer.exe?download

2. Expand the compressed file.

3. Open the folder and double-click on the icon "dosbox" to start DOS.

4. DOS will open to drive Z (see below)...continued next message...