Computers that work with SignWriting...;-)

Thu Apr 1 16:10:33 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
April 1, 2004

On Mar 31, 2004, at 4:07 PM, Charles Butler wrote:
> HI, Val, I have a NEC computer, running Windows 97, with a 500 MB
> drive.  I really need an upgrade to a DELL or better with Windows
> 2000.

It would be a bad idea to get a Windows 2000 computer, if you want to
use SignWriting. SignWriter DOS does not work on Windows 2000.

SignWriter DOS only works on Windows 95, 98, 98se, and ME. SignWriter
Java works on all operating systems, if you have the proper version of
Java installed.

I have never heard of Windows 97, which you mention above. Are you sure
it isn't 98?

And the 500 MB hard drive, which is terribly small, and makes it
impossible for you to install much of anything...was actually not my
question. I wanted to know how much internal memory you had...but now I
see, if you don't have a hard drive that is at least 1 gigabyte, you
can barely function in modern software...Val ;-)