ASL DEFINITIONS WRITTEN IN ASL...

Wed Apr 28 15:17:14 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
April 28, 2004

Dear SW List, Adam, Stuart, Angus, and Charles!
A big thanks to Adam, for starting a new phase in SignWriting
history....Finally we will have definitions written in signs, in our
dictionaries. Long overdue. Maybe someday we should try to get some
funding for this project, as those definitions can really teach people
a lot about the language...

And Adam's tiny typo error was not intentional...typo errors occur in
every language...but because I did not know the sign myself, I did not
notice it...So this is a classic example of how a hearing person, like
myself, learned a sign from reading the definition, and I am sure it
will teach signers how to read SignWriting too...After awhile reading
the definitions will become second nature...which indirectly teaches
reading skills...

So Angus, you are right...this is really important!

I will make the typo change, and post it again shortly - Thank you,
Adam, for putting up with all this!....