Computers that work with SignWriting...;-)

Thu Apr 1 23:59:09 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
April 1, 2004

Lea Hatch wrote:
> I have not been successful being able to uswe signwriting....my laptop
> uses Windows XP. Could this be why? Does it not work with XP edition?

Hello Everyone, and Lea!
We have several different computer programs... You can download them
all for free on the web. Go to:

Download SignWriting Software
http://www.SignWriting.org/downloads

When you go to that web page, you will see we have....

1. SignWriter DOS
works on Windows 95, 98, 98se and ME. It does not work on 2000, NT or
XP.

2. SignWriter Java
works on XP and the Mac and any operating system that has the correct
version of Java installed.

3. SignBank
works on all Windows and Macintoshes

So go to the downloads page, Lea, and take a look at some of the
choices there for you...

Write back with questions....that is the point of this List!

And try the PUDL web site...you can use their dictionary online without
any special software...

Sutton at SignWriting.org

1. SignWritingSite
http://www.SignWriting.org