AW: AW: [sw-l] PNG formatting

Charles Butler chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM
Sun Aug 1 14:22:05 UTC 2004

When Microsoft Paint adopts PNG as a saveable format,
I'll have it, until then, I won't.  I am on machines
that are Microsoft Windows clones, and I use paint as
a drawing program that enables me to stipple fine
points pixel by pixel.  My Microsoft can save as .jpg
or .bmp, that's all.  I can download .gifs and read
them on my screen.  I can't manipulate or change the
graphics of a .gif, but if the pudl site creates them,
I can save them, clip them into a file and print them.

Will .png be as easily useable, and ubiquitous to
those of us who are on systems that CANNOT be upgraded
by our usage (like library systems?)

Charles Butler

with "unsubscribe sw-l" in the body of the message.