[sw-l] EMAIL IN SIGNWRITING

Wed Aug 4 19:27:38 UTC 2004

SW-L at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
SignWriting List
August 4, 2004

Thank you, Tini, for your response. Tini is using Outlook Express with
Windows 98... And I know Tini is having trouble reading GIFs, because I
sent a GIF message from the old PUDL to Tini and she couldn't read the
message...they were little squares for the graphics but not the
graphics themselves...So...in your case, Tini, I do not believe it has
anything to do with GIF or PNG...I believe it could be one of two
things...

1. Perhaps you do not remain connected to the Internet? Maybe you
cannot afford the money to remain connected, so as soon as you get your
email, you disconnect? and read the messages offline?

If that is the case, then you cannot read the graphics...they are only
readable if you are connected to the internet...

2. Perhaps your email settings are not set to reading html inside an
email message?

So Tini, let me ask you...can you try to remain connected to the
internet to read your email? Just do it once to test it. See if you can
read the SW Email when you are still connected?

I will send another message to the List now, so we can test that for
you....