[sw-l] IMWA Groups Chart in vertical columns

Mon Aug 23 02:22:39 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
August 22, 2004

Dear SW List:
Here is my first attempt at the new Groups Chart for the IMWA (please
see attached).

As you can see, there are 50 groups. Read down in vertical columns...

Column 1 = 10 Hand Groups
Column 2 = 10 Movement Groups
Column 3 = 10 Face Groups
Column 4 = 5 Head & 5 UpperBody Groups
Column 5 = 2 FullBody, 4 Space, & 4 Punctuation Groups

I need to clean up this art work. Plus, I would like to make the
Punctuation for vertical columns be the default, which means I need to
change the rotation numbers on the Punctuation Symbols...The last Group
Symbol for Punctuation needs to be horizontal and not vertical, so if I
change those numbers, the Group BaseSymbols will come out fine...

I hope this will not be an inconvenience for you, Stephen. I see you
have already placed this in the Create Online feature. You move so
fast, and I am just getting my sea legs with all these symbols!    Val
;-)