AW: [sw-l] HOW TO ACCESS SIGN PUDDLE

Stefan Woehrmann stefanwoehrmann at GEBAERDENSCHRIFT.DE
Thu Aug 26 20:57:22 UTC 2004

Hi Stuart -
do you want the orientation palm down ?   (smile)

Well the head is shown /written  top-down view but nevertheless - since
there is no gap at the handshapes the palm is not facing the face ;-(

Stefan ;-))

-----Ursprungliche Nachricht-----
Von: owner-sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
[mailto:owner-sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu]Im Auftrag von Stuart Thiessen
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 26. August 2004 22:18
An: sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
Betreff: Re: [sw-l] HOW TO ACCESS SIGN PUDDLE

What about this kind of spelling?  I am not sure how to include the nose,
but this seems clear to read.

ASL WOLF (Overhead spelling)

Charles Butler wrote:
Query,

I'm looking at the sign for "wolf" in ASL (also the same in Libras), and I'm
not sure where to put the open hand and the closed hand.

This is what I came up with:

 lobo  The closed hand is toward the end of the arrow.
Is this correct?  I've looked at some LIBRAS which I think was miswritten
(I'm trying to edit it to put the signs in the dictionary) which has the
hands reversed, which would seem to me to have the hand start with the
closed hand and end with the open hand in front of the face (kind of
exploding outward) rather than closing into a nose.

Charles
Valerie Sutton <sutton at signwriting.org> <mailto:sutton at signwriting.org>
wrote:
SignWriting List
August 26, 2004

Dear Charles and Everyone!
Sign Puddle moved to SignBank.org now, but it is the same!

It is free and requires no special software.

And no signs are gone. Everything you did before is still there!

HOW TO ACCESS SIGN PUDDLE

1. Go to SignBank.org....
http://www.SignBank.org

2. Click on the SignPuddle icon.

3. Click on your country flag...in your case, Brazil....

4. You are now in the Brazil Sign Puddle

5. Click on the Search button. That gives you the signs already
entered...