[sw-l] Clown, white and wolf...

Thu Aug 26 22:03:19 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
August 26, 2004

Stefan Woehrmann wrote:
> Well the head is shown /written  top-down view but nevertheless –
> since there is no gap at the handshapes the palm is not facing the
> face ;-(

Ha! Yes. That was a good way to write it, Stuart, from the top view...I
like that. And Stefan has a point...if you see it from the top view,
the hands should also be from the top view...smile..I used to think
that mixing viewpoints with hands and head were ok, but I think trying
to keep it from the same point of view within one sign does help the
reader definitely...

Meanwhile, here are some writings of signs...The first is a the ASL
sign for clown...the hand is in front of the nose...

Second one is the sign for white in ASL and the third is one way of
writing wolf...the hand starts in front of the nose and then moves
forward...The ending position actually has the fingers straight towards
the face...it looks like they are going to the side but they are not,
because the palm of the hand is white so that means palm towards the
body...  Val ;-)