[sw-l] New SignPuddle Dictionaries

Sun Aug 1 16:30:24 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
August 1, 2004

Bill Reese wrote:
> This came through as an attached TIFF file for me.

Hello Bill and Everyone!
Yes. I am surprised myself to see that it is TIFF. In the old days,
TIFF used to be a very fancy data-intensive way to create beautiful
photos...now there seems to be a new kind of TIFF that is very
tiny...relating to pasting inside email messages.

So, I am learning the differences between pasting a sign inside email
messages, and attaching them as a separate graphic. I think when they
are pasted that creates the TIFF format, but when they are attached,
they keep their original formatting, like PNG...

So here is the same sign again, but this time, instead of pasting it, I
attached it to the email message as a separate graphic. It is a PNG. Is
it a PNG for you this time, Bill?