[sw-l] Web browsers around the world...;-)

Tue Aug 3 17:07:36 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
August 3, 2004

Bill Reese wrote:
> Normally I would have suggested the same as you, but ... AOL owns
> Netscape now and it looks as if they've stopped developing it.  Many
> people are starting to look toward other email clients - such as
> Thunderbird and Opera.  They are smaller than Netscape and perhaps
> more useful to those that don't need everything that Netscape has.
> Also, Firefox is a fast browser that is a complement to Thunderbird
> email client.
> http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/
> http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/
> http://www.opera.com/

Hello Everyone, Bill, Jerry...
This is fun to talk about web browsers. I test my web sites on three of
them: Netscape, Internet Explorer and the Mac Safari. Safari is the
fastest and most sophisticated web browser I have ever used...I love
it!

I have also used Opera before. It is a nice web browser that started in
Europe I believe, so it probably has good PNG support! I will try it
again...this will be fun...it has such a great logo and other
graphics...

And I have never heard of FireFox or Thunderbird web browsers and I
look forward to trying those too...Thanks for the information, Bill!

But none of this solves another problem...which is when using a
computer in a public library, or in a computer-cafe, you are not using
your own computer, and in those cases, people will have to use the
browser that is installed...and oftentimes the public computers are not
kept up-to-date...so it is to our advantage to make sure that everyone
can send SignWriting Email, even if they do not have the newer web
browsers...smile...