[sw-l] A Sign for E-mail

Dan Parvaz dparvaz at MAC.COM
Wed Aug 4 20:13:52 UTC 2004

SW-L at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
The Deaf -- particularly the multi-generational Deaf -- folks I know still
fingerspell e-m-a-i-l. They reject the sign currently gaining ground as a
hearing invention, and I can't say I disagree.

In other countries i've seen some combination for 'type (as in on a
computer)' and 'send-letter'. But this asymmetric Euro-looking sign?
Nope.

-Dan.