[sw-l] Sign Puddle

Stephen Slevinski slevin at PUDL.INFO
Thu Aug 12 18:29:47 UTC 2004

Charles,

I can load the SSS-2002 into the Libras section right now if you want.
Otherwise, I will load hand shapes from the IMWA when they are ready.

-Stephen
  -----Original Message-----
  From: owner-sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
[mailto:owner-sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu]On Behalf Of Charles Butler
  Sent: Thursday, August 12, 2004 8:11 AM
  To: sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
  Subject: [sw-l] Sign Puddle

  Will IMWA be loaded into Sign Puddle soon?  I have handshapes that dont'
exist in ASL that I want to load signs into the LIBRAS section.

  Charles

  Stefan Woehrmann <stefanwoehrmann at GEBAERDENSCHRIFT.DE> wrote:
    Hello Stephen,

    I am experimenting a little bit with uploading to the German Sign
Puddle -
    (since I am really interested to get it run on my computer offline - I
    should learn as much as possible about the online SignBank - version
;-)) at
    first??

    can you please answer:

    - Will you install the finger spelling on the German Sign Puddle as
well?
    - In Germany we use Umlauts , A, O, U - but right now the upload does
not
    accept that. I can help with a different spelling like ae, oe, ue but it
is
    difficult to work with.

    - I understand that I am supposed to upload only .png graphics - are
there
    other limitations - in the US - Sign Puddle there is a gigantic entry
which
    makes me smile . A wonderful demonstration that there are almost no
seize -
    limitations? But before Valerie or you mentioned a seize as kind of
standard
    height - widths?

    - If I am not informed about the absolute correct spelling the program
would
    not translate my gloss. Can you imagine to allow to open a different
window
    or search routine to browse through the list of entries without losing
the
    contact to the email-entry? (Know what I mean?? Sorry for my English)

    - What do you think - Would it be a good idea to have the sw-list
address

    [sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu]

    as a standard in the " to whom - line" So if I would like to send the
    SW-email privately I should change that ?
    Or you can write the address next to the form so that it is easy to copy
and
    to paste??

    Thanks for your contribution

    Stefan ;-))