[sw-l] Re: Auslan Sign Puddle dictionary Questions

Thu Dec 2 15:01:07 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
December 2, 2004

Antony Daamen in Australia wrote:
> Hi all, I started to use PUDL, but many hand shapes are missing...How
> do I add handshapes?

------------------

Hello Antony and Everyone!
I am glad you started using Sign Puddle...(it is no longer called
PUDL)...

I just checked here:

> Australian Sign Language Dictionary
> http://www.SignBank.org/signpuddle/sgn-AU

and I found you have done your first sign...the sign for
hello...Congratulations!

I hope you can use a fast web browser, such as FireFox on Windows, or
Safari on the Mac?....Internet Explorer is slow to load the symbols...

How do you find the 195 handshapes in SignMaker?

Click on one of the symbols, and it will give you more symbols to
choose from...Related symbols are hidden underneath. In this diagram, I
clicked on the first handshape, that represents the group of hands that
use the Index Finger....continued next message...