[sw-l] LESSONS IN TRANSCRIBING A POEM FROM VIDEO

Sat Dec 4 17:59:57 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
December 4, 2004

Dear SignWriting List...
Continuing where we left off a few weeks ago...We are writing this poem:

LESSONS IN TRANSCRIBING A POEM FROM VIDEO
http://www.signwriting.org/lessons/transcribe/poetry/oneharbor

LESSON ONE:
  1. The signer is facing you on the video (Receptive View).
  2. We are writing the signs from our point of view (Expressive View).

It is true that video can be transcribed in several different ways,
including from the Receptive View. For these lessons, we are choosing
to write from the Expressive View. We are using SignWriter DOS and
SignWriter Java, since at this time, those two programs are the most
complete.

Stefan has been kind enough to send me his entire SignWriter DOS
document, with the whole poem transcribed! So I am now going to make a
better looking document for the web, by opening Stefan's .SGN file in
SignWriter Java, and creating screen captures of the better-looking
graphics - and then posting his transcription on the web. Then I will
write my version and post it side by side...

To see how I create this web document, see a new group of messages in
the future, entitled:

CREATING WEB PAGES WITH SIGNWRITER DOS AND JAVA...