[sw-l] left-handed or right-handed?

Mon Dec 6 14:47:19 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
December 6, 2004

Bill Reese wrote:
> Your signs came through fine for me, Kathleen. Location is not
> dependent on the dominant hand.  I see this as an issue of
> clarification: the students need to be taught that location is always
> the same, no matter which of their hands is dominant.

Good point, Bill. I have trouble reading the signs as they were
written, because the hands are too far away from each other. When I
first saw them, I thought the contact stars meant that the hands were
touching the chest. So in these signs, the hands need to be written
closer together to show their inter-relationship...That may be one of
the reasons people mis-read the signs.... See attached diagram...