[sw-l] Stuarts Question about Curved Arrows...

Tue Dec 7 17:07:45 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
December 7, 2004

> Stuart Thiessen wrote:
>> I am a little confused about the symbol for a backwards arc...For
>> other arrows, I can understand how to place a handshape before and
>> after the movement to show starting and ending orientations or
>> handshapes. How do I do this with this arrow? Starting and ending
>> positions technically are in the same position.

Please see the attached...The curved arrows are like straight
arrows...there is a beginning stem line that is thinner and the thicker
part moves back towards your chest...so the beginning hand is at the
thinner stem and the ending hand is at the thicker area with the
arrowhead: