[sw-l] Empirical Data studies on SignWriting

Sun Dec 12 20:10:20 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
December 12, 2004

Stefan Wöhrmann wrote:
> Today I finished another workshop on "Learning to write
> GebaerdenSchrift"
> and still I teach how to create beautiful and most valuable documents
> for
> teachers, SL - instructors, interpreters ... with the good old DOS -
> Sofware
> SW44

Congratulations on your many SignWriting workshops, Stefan. I know some
have been in Hamburg, Germany?! I received an email message from
Frauke L. Johns from Hamburg....Here is an excerpt from Frauke Johns'
message:

Frauke Johns in Hamburg wrote:
> I am currently studying Sign Languages, Applied Linguistics and Media
> Culture at the University of Hamburg / Germany. For my B.A. exams I
> have already worked on various aspects of SignWriting-Projects and
> right now I am trying to get more information on empirical research
> projects regarding SignWriting as I am thinking about conducting an
> empirical study within my master's thesis . I have already contacted
> Mr. Stefan Woehrmann (GebärdenSchrift) and Ms. Janice Gangel-Vasquez
> regarding her M.A.-thesis.

So this is another possible study on SignWriting, collecting empirial
data, which would be great! We need that kind of research...I did
answer Frauke, and I am happy to help however I can...

Sutton at SignWriting.org

1. SignWritingSite
http://www.SignWriting.org
Read & Write Sign Languages