[sw-l] Quebec Sign Language icon on Sign Puddle...

Mon Dec 13 19:00:46 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
December 13, 2004

Louis-FĂ©lix Bergeron in Quebec wrote:
> The language name is really "Quebec" Sign Language, even if it is more
> obvious for people from other countries that the language is used
> among "French Canada" (in and out of Quebec). It would be nice if the
> online dictionnary have the "Quebec Sign Language (LSQ)" (with the
> Quebec flag already on the site) instead of "French Canada Sign
> Language". Thank you!

Hello Louis-Felix in Canada!
Thank you for this feedback. I have now made the change. Go to:

http://www.SignBank.org/signpuddle

and scroll down. You will find the flag-icon for Quebec Sign Language,
and it is called Quebec rather than French-Canadian...This is just the
kind of feedback I needed...Many thanks!...Now I need the sign for
Quebec in LSQ...at the moment it is the American sign for Canada: