[sw-l] possibility to export from SignPuddle to FileMaker ?

Tue Dec 21 16:57:12 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
December 21, 2004

Hello Anny and Everyone!
SignBank is such a remarkable tool, because you can print dictionaries
sorted by Sign-Symbol-Sequence is multiple signed and spoken languages.
I hope someday people will take another look at SignBank, because it
has so many other features that will be valuable to you too...

But FileMaker is a general database software program, that can be
molded to fit any project. It is not just a word processing program
like MicroSoft Word...There are two reasons why your friend cannot just
drag and drop signs into a general FileMaker field...A field is not a
document...it is a way to search a database...and there are different
kinds of FileMaker fields...to drag and drop your friend needs to go
into Preferences and choose Enable drag and drop mode...for each
database your friend has created. Plus, she needs to be sure to create
a Container field, that can accept graphics etc...

So I cannot become a teacher of FileMaker! But I can teach you how to
specfically drag and drop signs from SignPuddle into the SignBank
Editor program...from there you would be able to print large
dictionaries in French-Swiss Sign Language, once the signs are
entered...

Your projects sound wonderful, Anny - Congratulations on all you are
accomplishing - and Happy Holidays!

Val ;-)