[sw-l] SignWriter DOS Tech Support

Wed Dec 1 16:56:27 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
December 1, 2004

Brenda White wrote:
> I have been trying to download your signwriting program... but
> everytime I
> do... my computer crashes.  Once I am in MS-DOS... it freezes.
> Maybe the computer is too old..... the platform is Windows 98.

Windows 98 is exactly what you need to use SignWriter DOS.

Did you know that SignWriter DOS cannot use a mouse? You probably think
it is freezing, because you cannot use the mouse....but you can use the
program without a mouse....

Notice there are Command Words at the bottom of the screen. Use the Alt
Key, plus the first letter of the words, to do things...Alt-O will OPEN
files. Alt-N will give you a NEW file etc... (see attached diagram)...