[sw-l] SWML Conversions?

Sandy Fleming sandy at FLEIMIN.DEMON.CO.UK
Wed Dec 1 19:32:43 UTC 2004

Hi Stephen,

> SW-Edit uses a different SSS than SignPuddle.  A conversion
> between the two
> would be complicated.  However, I will program an SWML-S upload for
> SignPuddle if it will be used.

I didn't think that would be complicated. If so, then maybe it's not worth
programming the upload thing. But I'll have a look at conversion when I get
time.

> It sounds like you are using MSIE.  You should try Firefox.  You will not
> need to wait for the invisible placeholders to download to start building.
> The placeholders are used so to reduce the initial size of
> SignMaker and to
> avoid broken graphic links.  I have a few idea that may improve the speed.
> I'll look into it.

I downloaded Firefox, and it solves the problem beautifully. I can't believe
how much faster Firefox seems than IE - and I thought it was only download
times that were the problem. Another piece of Microsoft rubbish bites the
dust!

Thanks,

Sandy