[sw-l] Stuarts Question about Curved Arrows...

Tue Dec 7 19:06:28 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
December 7, 2004

Charles Butler wrote:
> The last one, in Valerie's list, is what i was trying to write using
> my ancient version of SW 4.0.  Only in vertical writing can you show
> the "neutral position" flowing into the "over the shoulder" position
> without confusion.  I like that.

Thank you, Charles, and yes...vertical writing is wonderful! I love
it...

In regards to your question about the Carmen Miranda signs...your
writing confuses me a little. The only way I could see if you were
doing body-weight-shifts in real SignLanes, is if you placed the
different signs in vertical columns. Then I can see the head moving
over into SignLane Left or Right...so the vertical columns give us
quick and accurate reading of weight shifts that move the head off
center... Val ;-)