[sw-l] Updating SWML-S for wiki publishing

Mon Dec 20 15:25:24 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
December 20, 2004

Dear SignWriting List, and Stephen!
Congratulations on your newly designed web site, Stephen, called a
SignWriting Wiki! I never heard of that word before...Wiki...it is
totally new to me so I visited your site:

> http://www.oculog.net

and it looks great!! You are doing sooo much and I am so impressed!

The IMWA work is so much fun and I love doing it now daily...around 12
hours a day...but I am sad that it takes so much time to develop typing
the stick figure...as you all know, SignWriting and DanceWriting began
as stick figure notation systems, yet we have never had a way to type
the stick figure itself...with full arms and legs and feet and a truly
dancing figure that we call "Stanley the Stick Figure"...so I will send
you all a Christmas card next message, showing you the stick figure,
(the card was written by hand)...

My goal this Christmas is to make the IMWA a full-stick figure capable
symbolset, so that for those who want to type full movement can do
that...And Stephen's work is making this possible, because Stephen is
implementing the IMWA...which is a blessing, because it gives us a way
to test it...Thank you for your many contributions in 2004!

I have not been able to look at your technical questions, Stephen, but
I will try to do that too...

Many blessing to everyone -

Val ;-)