Converting SGN files to graphics files...

Mon Jan 26 18:06:54 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
January 26, 2003

Nigel Woodhead wrote:
> I have some files in SGN format and I need to convert them to jpeg or
> something I can use! Can I dowload anything to do this please? Thanks
> in advance. Nigel

-------

Nigel -
If you are using SignWriter DOS, in SignWriter DOS you can use the
Export Command to export the SGN file to BMP format. Once you have the
BMPs, you can open the BMPs in a paint or draw program and then
re-format them to jpeg or whatever...If you need step by step
instructions, I can send them to you...so write again if you need more
help.

There may also be another SWML alternative, but first I must ask our
programmers on the SW list... What would you all suggest for automatic
conversion of SGN files now?...I know your work keeps progressing!

Sutton at SignWriting.org

1. SignWriting Site
http://www.SignWriting.org
Read & Write Sign Languages