Contacting Head before contacting Face in lookups?....

Wed Jan 28 17:15:36 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
January 28, 2004

Dear SW List and Charles....
Regarding this issue, of whether contact with the head should come
before contacting the center of the face in the SSS...I will experiment
to see what would happen, in the SSS-2004....the International Movement
Writing Alphabet (IMWA)...if the Head Category was placed before the
Face Category. Then I will test some dictionary look-ups in SignBank,
to see how it looks, and share this with you...

This would still not be the same as the way you did it, Charles, but it
might improve one thing...I have noticed that contacting the head
happens more often than contacting the center of the face, and for that
reason, this experiment is worth trying...So I will get back to you on
this...Please see attached...