Need Your Feedback...New SignSpelling Document Posted...

Charles Butler chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM
Mon Jan 19 03:46:45 UTC 2004

Yes, Valerie,

This is EXTREMELY similar to the beginning I made in
the SignWriter Journal.  My computer has collapsed so
I can only read what you write rather than add my new
stuff right now, but I am quite happy with the
ordering of the spelling.  Starting with either hand
(depending on the handedness of the writer) and then
proceeding by hand shape, orientation (contact if
there is any to begin with), movement to a new
position, including any new contact, new hands (again
depending on the handedness of the writer), is great.

Charles

Valerie Sutton <sutton at SIGNWRITING.ORG> wrote:
> SignWriting List
> January 18, 2004
>
> Dear SW List Members:
>
> I am happy to announce a new posting:
>
> SignSpelling Guidelines 2004
> http://www.SignBank.org/symbolbank
>
> This is an improved version of an older document. I
> posted half of it a
> few days ago, but now there are 20 pages in this new
> PDF document.
> Thanks to Ingvild, and others on the SignWriting
> List, we had a long
> discussion about SignSpellings in SignBank. I have
> taken Ingvild's
> advice, and have simplified the spellings so that
> they always look-up
> by handshape...So now I am asking for your feedback
> again...I hope at
> least a few of you can download the document and
> read it and then
> report to the List what you think...
>
> Bill Reese's wonderful comment about pronunciation
> markers is still in
> there - Thank you Bill!!
>
> And I have for the first time, described the
> difference between a
> SignSpelling (SS) and the Sign-Symbol-Sequence
> (SSS), which are two
> different things...
>
> So please download and get back to us - Many thanks
> for your
> feedback... Val ;-)
>

> ATTACHMENT part 2 image/png x-mac-type=504E4766;
x-unix-mode=0644; x-mac-creator=3842494D;
name=SignSpellings.png