[sw-l] Sign Puddle: single language version of PUDL's dictionary

Stuart Thiessen sw at PASSITONSERVICES.ORG
Thu Jul 22 03:14:56 UTC 2004

The demo is a fully functioning demo.  The extra software does not add
or change any of its features.  The difference is that if you wanted
something to record research or your community's special signs or
whatever, then the demo would not be an appropriate place to record it
because it is only a demo (SMILE).

If you install the extra software plus Steven's package, then it gives
you the ability to implement your own dictionary, etc. on a internet or
intranet website. [Intranet websites are private websites maintained on
private networks for internal use only]. That can be useful for
organizations or even individuals if they are website savvy.

So, that was what is significant about Steven's contribution. I know he
has put a lot of work into this and it shows. (SMILE)

Stuart

Rebecca Larche Moreton wrote:

> Well, might know! I doubt I'd be able to do all the necessary things to
> make it work fully. It looks great to me, though, just like it is. It is
> wonderful the progress that has been made in the further development and
> worldwide spread of SW in just the last few years! Everybody keep it up!
>
> Becky
> On Wednesday, July 21, 2004, at 04:01  PM, Stuart Thiessen wrote:
>
>> True, the demo will work without the extra software.  But if you
>> wanted to run it for yourself on your own computer or your own
>> website, you would need the extra software mentioned.  (SMILE)
>>
>> The site you went to was only a demo of the program.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Stuart
>>
>> Rebecca Larche Moreton wrote:
>>
>>> Val:
>>> I have none of the extra software that has been discussed on the
>>> list, just my plain little iBook, but I went to this site just now
>>> and it works fine, at least is does 'search' perfectly for me.
>>> Don't bother to answer me; I just thought you might want to know.
>>> (With all the moving to majordomo etc., somehow I was put back on the
>>> list; I wouldn't have done it just at this time myself, but there is
>>> so much going on on the list that I am enjoying it!! You are ALWAYS
>>> forging ahead!
>>> Do NOT answer, you have too much to do, I will know you got it anyway.
>>> Becky
>>> (Rebecca Larche Moreton)
>>> 301 S. Ninth St.
>>> Oxford, MS 38655
>>> USA

with "unsubscribe sw-l" in the body of the message.