[sw-l] Update from Val's desk....

Fri Jul 30 18:38:06 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
July 30, 2004

Dear SW List Members!
Please forgive my silence lately. What is happening in my office?...

1. The SignWriting List moved to a new location. Behind the scenes on
my computer, it is still not perfect yet...

2. We are in the process of transferring the PUDL site to the
SignBank.org site. We are not done yet, but it is partially done. I
will announce it when it is completely ready to be used...

3. The SymbolBank site, where I post the IMWA, has now moved to:

SymbolBank Archive
http://www.MovementWriting.org/symbolbank

4. I have not been able to work on the IMWA for the last week...I hope
to start again soon...;-))

5. And I have a question. Stefan sent me a CD with a .mpeg file to
view...a video movie file...I have opened and viewed many .mpeg files
before with no problems, but this time, there is a format I don't have
and Windows claims I need a decoder...please see the attached file.
Does anyone know how I could view Stefan's file? Why is this decoder
necessary and how can we solve the problem?...Windows says it does not
have a free decoder for me to download...