[sw-l] Hinge Hand 01-05-036 and PUDL

Valerie Sutton sutton at signwriting.org
Mon Jul 12 15:26:37 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
July 12, 2004

Hello Charles and Everyone!
I see. Ok. Well...as I said, I have to change the SSS-US to the new
numbers of the IMWA, and I haven't done that yet...so I will repost the
SSS-US document with the new numbers shortly...The new IMWA documents
that I am posting are the final numbers...but I can see how confusing
this is...hopefully standarization will become the norm soon...smile
;-))

Regarding the PUDL site, it is a wonderful dictionary. But of course,
if there is a sign that you feel you do not like, you can re-write it
and place your version in the PUDL site...that is one of the wonderful
features of PUDL - the ability to post your own signs...Have you tried
that?

Val ;-)

On Jul 12, 2004, at 8:18 AM, Charles Butler wrote:

> Where did I get SSS 41?
>
> Off the SSS-US chart.  It is number 41 in the listing.  It's graphic
> number is
>
> www.signwriting.org/archive/docs2/sw0120-SSS-US.pdf
>
> 01-05-026 as you said.
>
> I am still trying to understand the rotation as the symbol seems to be
> lefthanded on the sign in the PUDL list.
>

>  Valerie Sutton <sutton at signwriting.org> wrote:
> SignWriting List
> June 12, 2004
>
> Charles Butler wrote:
> > This looks, to me, like the Hinge Hand (SSS 41), not the "g" hand
>  > (Thumb-finger Open hinge (SSS 74) I have seen before.  If it is the
>  > "Hinge" hand, then the sign is either lefthanded, or the right hand
> is
> > really twisted around because of the thicker fingers on the right
> side
>  > of the chin.
>
> Dear SW List, and Charles:
> Yes. That is the Hinge Hand...Please see the attached diagram.
>
> The Hinge Hand is 01-05-036...smile...
>
> Where did you get the number SSS 41? Just curious...Val ;-)
>

> > ATTACHMENT part 2 image/jpeg name=Hinge.jpg; x-mac-type=4A504547;
> x-unix-mode=0644; x-mac-creator=3842494D

with "unsubscribe sw-l" in the body of the message.