[sw-l] Embedding signs from PUDL inside email messages...

Valerie Sutton sutton at signwriting.org
Mon Jul 12 22:15:05 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
July 12, 2004

Stephen Slevinski wrote:
> But using inline images requires HTML messages.  Are we allowed to
> send HTML
> message to the new list?

Hello Stephen and Everyone!
Yes. We are allowed to post HTML (as far as I know), since we post
graphics to the List all the time...so that is great that PUDL simply
requires HTML...smile...

I just re-wrote the SignWriting List Guidelines, because, if I
understand it correctly, Paul Cowley tells me that with a little fix to
the programming, the DIGEST mode will be able to read visual images
too....that is wonderful!! Here are the new guidelines...hopefully they
are correct now...smile....

---------------------

NEW SIGNWRITING LIST GUIDELINES

MULTI-LINGUAL MESSAGES
You are welcome to write messages in any spoken or signed languages!

GRAPHICS FILES ARE FINE!
The SignWriting List accepts graphics files and other attached files,
such as files typed with the SignWriter Computer Program.  This makes
it possible to send email messages written in the visual symbols of
SignWriting. Graphics files can be embedded inside an email message, or
attached at the end of the email message. Graphics and attached files
should NOT be compressed, and should not be more than 150 K on average
(very small uncompressed files).

If your graphics are tiny, such as signs written in SignWriting, you
can post as many as you like in one email message. If a photo is large,
then attach only one photo to one email message at a time. Do not post
video to the List. Formats accepted are: .GIF, .JPEG, .PDF, .PNG, .SGN,
.DIC-.DIN, .SWML and HTML.

If you need to post another kind of format, including QuickTime video
clips that are related to SignWriting, then send those files to me
privately, and I will be happy to convert them for you into still
photos, and then post them to the SignWriting List, or post the full
video on the web...

I am hoping to start teaching how to write Sign Language poetry from
video clips this Fall, 2004!

Questions?

Feel free to write to me anytime!

Sutton at SignWriting.org

1. SignWritingSite
http://www.SignWriting.org
Read & Write Sign Languages

2. SignBankSite
http://www.SignBank.org
Sign Language Dictionaries

Deaf Action Committee for SignWriting
Center For Sutton Movement Writing
an educational nonprofit organization
Box 517, La Jolla, CA, 92038-0517, USA
tel: 858-456-0098....fax: 858-456-0020

SIGNWRITING LIST

1. POST MESSAGES TO SIGNWRITING LIST
sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu

2. READ MESSAGES IN THE ARCHIVES

3. CHANGE YOUR SIGNWRITING LIST EMAIL SETTINGS
http://majordomo.valenciacc.edu/cgi-bin/majordomo

with "unsubscribe sw-l" in the body of the message.