[sw-l] Message from Ann Cunningham ;-)

Valerie Sutton sutton at signwriting.org
Tue Jul 13 14:46:39 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
July 13, 2004

Dear SW List and Ann!
Thank you for this lovely message....Your tactile art is really
wonderful and thank you for your continued interest in SignWriting!

Tini Pel wrote a complete story in American Sign Language, thanks to
you and your work...so while I have your interest...I am wondering if
there is anyone on the SignWriting List who would be willing to help us
with the story that Tini wrote? I have posted the SGN files that will
open in SignWriter DOS or Java, and then the story needs to be put
together and posted on the web...Perhaps Jerry or someone? and then we
could link to your web site, Ann...Just a thought.

Download Tini's document
http://www.SignWriting.org/downloads/Tini-Doc.zip

Regarding the contacts that you have given us in your message,
Ann...thanks for that. I do not have the time right now to contact
them...maybe someone else on the SignWriting would be interested in
contacting them?? Or just give them our web site and email information,
and they are welcome to contact us...

Great to hear from you again!

Val ;-)

--------------------------

Ann Cunningham wrote:
> Zachery  aspire_to_inspire-owner at yahoogroups.com
> dear Val, this is Ann Cunningham and even though I don't participate
> in your
> list I do watch to see how active your group is.  I would love to
> spend more
> time with ASL but the truth is I am so absorbed with tactile graphics
> and
> publishing a book with them that I just don't have the time or
> resources now.  I
> will be glad when I learn enough about the publishing that I can get
> back to the
> study of ASL and signwriting.
>     I just wanted to pass along some information that maybe old news
> or of no
> interest but just on the chance that it is some connections that you
> might
> both benefit by, here goes.
> Zachery in New York is a kid who is on fire with ideas and the ability
> organize people.  He is interested in Deaf Art and in my mind anyone
> interested
> in Deaf Art should know about signwriting, the ability to communicate
> in the
> native language cannot be overstated especially in the area of the
> arts.
>     Another connection I could make for you is a person with a new
> publishing
> company who is adding sign language to her materials but not sign
> writing.
> Would you care to contact her or is that something you are not
> pursuing?  If
> you are please let me know and I will find her contact info.  All my
> best to you
> and your community.  Sincerely, Ann

with "unsubscribe sw-l" in the body of the message.