[sw-l] big scary blocks of HTML code

Mon Jul 26 18:42:14 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
July 26, 2004

Hello Everyone....
The change to our new List at Majordomo is a good thing. We had no
choice. Humber College asked a bunch of Lists to move because they
could not house us any longer...So Paul Cowley has taken on the large
job of moving many Lists all at once... I bet in a month or so all this
will become better...

It is my understanding that Paul and other technicians plan to make
html code work well in Digest mode...but I believe it will take special
programming on their part, and it has not been done yet...

Meanwhile, until that happens, there are several things we can do....

1. Everyone should change your email settings to accept html and
graphics. Go under Preferences or Properties in your email software and
make sure your email can accept graphics files.

2. Nancy and others who are receiving Digest right now...Why not change
your email settings to No-Post, and then read all the messages in our
Archives, instead of receiving the Digest with the html?

READ MESSAGES IN THE ARCHIVES
http://listserv.linguistlist.org/archives/sw-l.html
http://majordomo.valenciacc.edu/hypermail/sw-l/

3. HOW TO CHANGE YOUR EMAIL SETTINGS TO NO-POST

1. Go to:

http://majordomo.valenciacc.edu/cgi-bin/majordomo

2. Type in your email address....

3. Push the ALL button

4. Press GO...

Then change your settings...You can unsubscribe or subscribe to any of
the five lists, and you can choose the Digest mode, or the No Post
mode, or regular mail...

with "unsubscribe sw-l" in the body of the message.