AW: [sw-l] The old list still active

Fri Jul 30 20:25:07 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
July 30, 2004

Jerry Spillman wrote:
> Yes, I am able to use the PUDL e-mail document offline, also.  In my
> e-mail program it renders the same, both online and offline.  If you
> want me to manipulate it in some way to experiment, let me know.  I
> still have the original Valerie sent out.  I am not sure of the
> process PUDL uses to attach or insert the graphic, but it appears
> similarly to what NETSCAPE presents as a picture inline when you use
> the "Insert picture" function in the mail program.
>
>  For the .gif picture I e-mailed to the list yesterday, I used the
> "Attach file" function, which on my browser then shows the file as an
> attachment AND shows the file in line with the text in the text
> window.  However, some e-mail programs such as Lotus Notes will not
> show the picture in-line no matter how you set the mail browser.  I
> have that difficulty with my computer at work, however, the picture is
> still available, just not as convenient.

Val's comment....

Hi Jerry, and Stefan and everyone -
Regarding the email feature in PUDL...it has great potential and soon
will be officially available on SignBank.org. And at that time, when we
all try to use it from SignBank.org, we can establish some guidelines
for users. I suspect that people will have different experiences,
depending on their computers, their internet connections, and their
knowledge of using computers...so right now, don't worry about it too
much and let us get this transfer done...and then when it is stable, we
will start sending email in SignWriting - that will be wonderful!

By the way, although the GIF format is well-known and I have used it
for years, the PNG format is becoming more and more accepted in the
world. So I hope that all of you can find a way to make PNGs...Does
anyone have suggestions in the PC world? What graphics programs create
PNGs?  Val ;-)

with "unsubscribe sw-l" in the body of the message.