IMWA: Handshape Construction and Sequencing Rules

Wed Jun 2 18:05:08 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
June 2, 2004

Dear SW List, and Bart!
Thanks for this feedback...

Bart Braem wrote:
> We wrote one of those programs and it's a large problem for sure, it's
> a very
> good idea to solve it now.

Val wrote today:
I am glad you agree that we need to do this...I am hoping in this month
we can at least finalize our way of doing this...so that we all
understand it...and we are all working together as a team effort...I
appreciate everyone's feedback...

Val wrote before:
 >>I am sure this has tortured many programmers, and I am trying now, to
put a final stop to this problem, by freezing the numbers of the IMWA
in the next two days..

Val writes today:
Two days...hmmm...it may take a little more time than that...first I
will turn off the link to our online SSS-2004 database, until I can
update it with our new decisions on this issue...once the numbering
system is finalized, then I can re-load the database with our
corrections...

I will need all of your feedback every step of the way, and I will
share everything with you as a group...I know each programmer will be
using these symbols in different ways...our goal with this is to give
you an easy-to-use common symbolset that can be used for all kinds of
programs...

It also gives us a standard for developing smaller symbolsets for
specific signed languages...