Sign Proccessing Software

Thu Jun 17 15:57:25 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
June 17, 2004

Smile...this is an interesting subject...I am grateful for your
support, Adam...and for other Deaf people whom I worked with over the
years...and to Susan Diamond Bucher, who is a CODA, and who also worked
with us years ago...all of us just used the terminology we are
using....it may not be exactly as others would choose, but it worked
for us! So if I have the Deaf Community's support, that is all that
really matters for me...but I do understand the other issues...Every
profession has its own unique terminology...and the truth
is...SignWriting is almost like another profession at times, with its
own terminology that is not based on what came before, but what is
accepted now, for the group of people we are
servicing...smile...well...we just fell into a pattern of talking about
it that became unique to SignWriting...Meanwhile other professions are
welcome to use other terminology to describe SignWriting...whatever
works for them, so that their group can understand this new
development...

Val ;-)