PROGRAMMERS: Typing SignWriting in Vertical Columns...

Fri Jun 18 15:52:31 UTC 2004

SignWriting List
June 18, 2004

Stephen Slevinski wrote:
> I thought I would play a bit with the PUDL site and try to implement
> gloss
> translation with swim lanes.  My dictionary still doesn't center the
> head in
> the middle of the swim lanes, but my next dictionary will.

Smile...Shall we establish some new terminology? Let's not call them
swim lanes...What about Sign Lanes (grin) or SW Lanes or Width Lanes,
or Spatial Comparison Lanes....you can see how new terminology gets
re-defined daily!

> So attached is the translation of "there_2 <my <dog there >your >dog."

OK. Let me re-write this, by typing it in SignWriter Java, showing you
how I would do that...keystrokes and all!....

Here is Stephen's example and mine will be coming next...